. Serving as a focal point for QA/QC and being responsible for the oversight and review of quality control data on a routine basis.
- Preparing corrective and preventative action reports for all matters related to QA/QC and keeping all records for review.
- Following up on nonconformances, investigative preventative action, and implementing appropriate corrective actions.
- Ensuring technically correct analysis on a daily basis. Address all technical issues that arise from routine analysis and confer with the Lab Director on issues of a less routine nature.
- Coordinate and schedule lab assignments to lab technicians. Help in testing when the laboratory is busy.
- Receiving, compiling and verifying the data resulting from lab testing. Must document and maintain accurate records for all customer quality control samples.
- Analyzing and compiling quality control sample results to ensure operating efficiency of the process and/ or testing equipment.
- Provide training to laboratory analysts. Act as liaison between laboratory technicians and Lab Director as well as between laboratory technicians and Operations.
- Controlling the lab equipment and supply inventory. Coordinate the replacement or repair of faulty equipment and supplies. Must also perform instrument calibrations and maintain verifications as per schedule.
- Will provide backup to Lab Director by handling issues that arise in his absence.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years experience in the petroleum industry or an associate’ Degree and/or 5+ years experience in the Petroleum industry.
- The individual must possess strong managerial experience and interpersonal skills, as well as technical and theoretical knowledge of laboratory operations.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with employees and outside consultants, executive management, and colleagues.
- Thorough understanding of safety and training issues.