Responsible for developing and maintaining the company’s quality, health, safety and environment polices and systems.
• Manage the day-to-day HSE operations in the office and in the field
• Manage, support and oversee the Quality function
• Develop and maintain safety and quality management systems
• Complete annual HSEQ plans in accordance with ISO standards and AmSpec Global Technical Governance
• Identify and assess impact of changes to legislation, Standards, Codes of Practice, client and AmSpec requirements
• Compile and develop HSEQ responses and information to support tenders, including development of HSEQ plans, procedures, and programs
• Ensure new managers are aware of HSE duties as per WHS Act
• Conduit between Australia, APAC and AmSpec Quality + Health Safety & Training Global Leadership
• Support operations with technical HSEQ advice as required
• Ensure AmSpec Australia complies with all requirements of WHS law, client contractual HSE exhibits, and AmSpec LLC corporate requirements
• Plan and execute an annual audit schedule
• Manage return to work as required
• Complete annual HSEQ review to meet regulatory and Quality management requirements
Other Duties and Requirements
• Maintain confidentiality, specifically, do not disclose any proprietary information and data in the performance of your work duties for AmSpec.
• Works within all company policies and procedures and, behaves in accordance with the AmSpec Group Global Code of Conduct.
• Ensure that required qualifications, inductions and licences are current at all times.
• Other tasks as directed.
Health and Safety Requirements
• Take reasonable care to ensure their own safety and health and that of others, and to abide by their duty of care provided for in the legislation.
• To report any injury, hazard or illness immediately, where practical to their supervisor.
• Participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace.
• Comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others, in adhering to safe work procedures.
• Maintain in a fit state to carry out their duties without risk to themselves or others.
• Not place others at risk by any act or omission.
• Wear PPE, as required, and take good care of the equipment.
• Abide to AmSpec good hygiene practices at the workplace.
Education / Qualifications / Licences
• Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline
Technical Knowledge / Skills / Experience
• Expert knowledge of legislation and responsibility
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, while performing numerous projects concurrently with different deadlines.
• High tolerance for job pressure and extended hours.
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills. (Verbal and Written).
• Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources into solutions.
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to make sound suggestions or recommendations
• 3+ years relevant professional experience