AmSpec offers a wide breadth of capabilities and expertise with various middle distillates
Our state-of-the-art laboratories provide a full range of diesel fuel testing and field inspections. Testing, inspection, and certification services are offered for a wide range of fuels, including diesel fuel, biodiesel blends, ULSD, and other fuel oils.
Fuel oil services we offer
- Diesel and No. 2 Fuel Oils
- Biodiesel Testing and Blends
- Synthetic and renewable diesel
- BS EN 590 diesel fuel testing
- Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) testing
- Middle distillate feedstocks and products
- Testing to ASTM and other protocols
- Additive Services for Petroleum and Fuels
Diesel fuel tests we perform for our clients
- Diesel cargo additive treatment
- General properties, API gravity, density, relative humidity
- Flash, Distillation, Simulated Distillations
- Sulfur, Aromatics, Ash
- Cetane Index, Cetane Number
- Thermal Stability
- Lubricity, HFRR
- Microbiological contamination of diesel fuel
- Fuel Test Kit for Microbe Detection (Diesel fuel)
- Product quality investigations (locating issues in product/production and providing solutions)
- Full certification of domestic and export cargos across the globe
AmSpec closely monitors the ever-changing CFR (Code of Federal Regulations) to ensure that processes are in place to meet today’s ecological needs. AmSpec meets its responsibility to clients and employees in making sure they have current information, the latest available test methods, and the equipment to meet these challenges and changes.
Through our facilities and laboratories, we analyze and test distillate samples from all aspects of the oil sector, including refineries, distributors, and storage facilities. Our certified lab technicians and experienced chemists provide the level of detail needed to measure your gasoline samples, conduct analysis, and ensure industry compliance.
AmSpec has years of diesel fuel testing experience
For over 35 years, AmSpec has independently and accurately analyzed and measured petroleum and petrochemical products all over the world. We strive to provide you with superior middle distillate testing, inspection, and certification – product knowledge is a central theme in your daily business, and AmSpec supports that with a team of product experts who are well recognized by the oil and gas industry.
Ultra low sulfur diesel (ULSD) testing
A 15 parts per million (ppm) sulfur specification, Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) was phased in for highway diesel fuel by US-EPA. Diesel engines equipped with advanced emission control devices (generally, 2007 and later model year engines and vehicles) must use highway ULSD fuel. As a result, exhaust emissions from these engines will decrease by more than 90%.
AmSpec laboratories deploy testing methodologies, qualified for use against US-EPA performance-based measurement system (PBMS) criteria, to perform low level sulfur determinations of Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel.
Types of ULSD testing AmSpec performs
- Sulfur by ASTM D5453, ASTM D2622, or ASTM D7039
- Lubricity by ASTM D6079 or ASTM D7688
- Conductivity ASTM D2624
- Diesel Fuel Slate Testing
- ASTM D6866 Carbon Dating for Renewable Diesel Blends
Sulfur Analysis and ULSD: Sulfur testing of diesels for use in the US must be qualified using the US EPA’s PBMS criteria.